Trapdoor Collector Discussion Board
[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next ]
Re: 1873 Trapdoor 20 gauge shotgun
Posted by Dick Hosmer on Friday, 28 June 2013, at 3:21 p.m., in response to 1873 Trapdoor 20 gauge shotgun, posted by Tim Van Leiden on Friday, 28 June 2013, at 2:52 p.m.
A genuine Forager will have the following features:
(1) 26" barrel (yours could have been cut)
(2) Block marked "1881" in italic script
(3) NO ejector stud present in trough of receiver (and not plugged, or missing - I mean never drilled at all).
(4) "Bent" extractor to accomodate WIDE head of 20ga. case
(5) Stock forend severely slimmed and held to barrel with a screw, NOT band.
Sounds like you MAY have an original, but with some incorrect "restoration".
Post a New Response
Return to the Trapdoor Collector home page via this link.