Trapdoor Collector Discussion Board
[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next in Thread | Next ]
Re: Little Big Horn Rifle
Posted by Dick Hosmer on Sunday, 2 June 2013, at 1:40 p.m., in response to Re: Little Big Horn Rifle, posted by John Gross on Sunday, 2 June 2013, at 10:03 a.m.
Thanks for the heads-up. I really blew through it the first time, but have now sent them a note. We'll see.
The rifle may well have been found as/where described - but, what is critical is that, in its' present configuration, it is in NO way, whatsoever, connected to the battle, period.
(1) Dropped by an LBH battle participant, in June 1876, white OR red? ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.
(2) Pre-LBH gun, dropped later (post 1877) by an Indian? Unlikely (how would they acquire new sight?) to the nth degree.
(3) Pre OR post-LBH gun, dropped later, after sight upgrade, by a soldier? Unlikely, due to chopping, but at least possible.
(4) Post-LBH gun, chopped, dropped later, by someone totally unrelated? Likely.
(5) Planted, a hoax of some sort? Probably unlikely, but not TOTALLY impossible.
Of the choices to date, I vote for #4. Other thoughts?
Post a New Response
Return to the Trapdoor Collector home page via this link.